This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Woodhall Country Park
Situated on the Edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, in The village of Woodhall Spa 1 mile from village centre, Woodhall Country Park is ideal for a short break or holiday.
Located in 80 acres of Wood and parkland, we cater for tents and touring caravans. The site is located on flat ground.
There are three toilet and shower blocks each with a Access room in each block specifically suitable for guests with access requirements. They are all level access with no steps or ramps and are located adjacent to all the main facilities. We have wheelchair accessible toilets and washing facilities, which include a level entry shower and handrails.
There is also a convenient on site shop located in reception with wheelchair accessible desk for registration or purchasing
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01526 353710 or email email@example.com.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is LN10 6UJ to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is in Metheringham which is approx. 10 miles from the site and offers direct route into Lincoln.
- It is more convenient to use local buses or taxi to complete your journey. An accessible taxi can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The No. 5 buses run from Boston to Lincoln approx. every hour. For timetable details see http://www.lincsinterconnect.com/timetables/Horncastle-Coningsby-Woodhall_Spa_CallConnect.pdf The nearest bus stop is located on the high Street approx 1 mile from site.
- The roads around the campsite are rural country lanes and have no separate footpath. A permissible footpath has been installed across our land enabling people to walk into the village without having to walk on the road. This is a grass path which is generally level.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The Park Reception has a gravel car park for up to 10 cars plus there is space for several Cars/ Caravan/ Motorhomes in the lay by outside of reception.
- The park is lit with low level lamp posts at night and the entrance to reception is well lit.
- Once registered at reception guests can access the park via a barrier operated using an access fob.
- The entrance to reception is a gentle slope and made from block paving.
- The door is 102cm/40ins wide.
- There is a assessable toilet in the reception with a 40 inch door, compete with both vertical and horizontal grab rails and alarm
- The floor surface throughout the reception is tiled.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead spotlight lighting.
- There is a lowered section of the check-in desk.
- A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- We can show you to your pitch on request.
- We have several pitches for tents and 80 for touring caravans. The Touring Pitches are fully serviced and hard standing on gravel with Connection points for electric, water and TV hook up. Parking is aslo possible on these pitches.
- Camping pitches are grass and generally level. It is not possible to park on some of these pitches.
- Assistance with pitching is offered, subject to staff availability.
- There are numerous water points for the camping pitches and all Touring pitches have their own individual point, chemical toilet & disposal points are available at each toilet block. Eighty of the touring pitches have their own drain for grey/ black waste, dustbin areas, recycling points and fire points on the park which are no further than 50 metres away from any pitch.
- There are four washing up sinks outside each toilet block.
- Pitches are allocated on booking and staff are happy to advise which pitches are suitable for your requirements.
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- There are three toilet blocks with level access. Each contains a specific assessable room with toilet, shower and sink.
- At one block there is parking for 7 cars available.
- All blocks of toilets have a unisex accessible toilet with a level entry shower, described below:
- Entrance door 102cm/40ins wide and level entry into the toilet.
- 980mm/38.5ins transfer space to the left of the toilet in the small block and to the right of the toilet in the large block, when facing the toilet.
- The toilet height is 46cm/18ins.
- Vertical rails either side of the basin and toilet and in the shower area.
- A horizontal rail on the sidewall adjacent to the toilet.
- A flashing light when the fire alarm sounds.
- There is step free level access to the launderette and it is level throughout.
- The door opening is 800mm/31.5ins wide, easy to open.
- There is one front loading washing machine, and one front loading dryer (height 115cm).
- Iron and on/off switch is accessible from seated or standing position and ironing board is adjustable.
- The flooring is non-slip laminate.
- The area is well lit with spotlight overhead lighting.
- There is a shop in the reception building where you can purchase a basic range of household goods and newspapers. This shares the same entrance and parking as the reception. (See Reception section).
- The shop is level throughout.
- A low level counter is provided.
- Bread, milk and newspapers can all be reached from a seated position.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
Grounds and Garden
- The park is large and spacious and covers 80 acres in total. The park is mainly flat apart from a couple of areas which is on a slight hill.
- Hedgerows divide the park into small discrete areas.
- The road surfaces is gravel over limestone.
- There are several picnic benches across the site.
- All of our staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available just outside the reception.
- All facilities are clearly signposted with signs at each junction point. Clear signage is used throughout the park using Arial font large black letters on a white background and pictograms.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 20 miles away in Either Boston or Lincoln.The nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1 mile away located on the Broadway in Woodhall Spa. Please contact reception for further information.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Woodhall Country Park Stixwould Road Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire LN10 6UJ|